Last updated on June 27, 2019
By accessing the site and using its services, you confirm that you have read and consent to the information practices described in the policy.
Information You Provide
In certain areas of the site, we require that you provide us with personal information:
• Volunteers – To be considered as a volunteer with LifeSports, we ask that you submit your name, email address, phone number and information about why you want to be a volunteer.
• LifeSports Participants – Potential participants and their parents are given a registration packet that requires data to be submitted to us. Types of personal information includes but is not limited to: parent/guardian’s name, phone, email address and mailing address; participant’s name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, and academic information such as health history information, transcripts, attendance records, education evaluations, disciplinary records and individual education program information.
We may use your contact information to confirm receipt of your application or packet, to gather more information if there are questions regarding information you submitted, to send you notification regarding your status, or for communication necessary to administer the program. When you send email or other communications electronically, LifeSports may retain those communications to process your inquiries, to respond to your request or question and to improve our services.
Participants also have access to a Student Portal where they can complete surveys asking for information such as personal health habits, names of trusted adults. Only coaches, LifeSports leaders and other direct stakeholders have access to this information for the purpose of improving support of individual student needs and providing aggregate demographic information such as percent from single parent households or geographic distribution of students.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit our site, some information is automatically collected about your visit that does not identify you personally. This information helps us analyze trends to better understand which material on our site is most valuable to our users and to make the site more useful.
• Cookies – A cookie is a small data file that a site transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Although you are not required to accept cookies, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through our services. For additional information, visit the help page for your web browser or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
• Log Information – Our servers automatically record information your browser sends whenever you visit our site. These server logs may include information such as your IP address, browser type, browser language, your operating system, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Does LifeSports share the information I’ve provided?
LifeSports does not provide any personal information to outside organizations or entities unless specified in detail within program guidelines.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your personal information to improve the usage and functionality of our website. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
How does LifeSports secure my personal information?
LifeSports is committed to properly securing the information we collect online. To help us accomplish this, we take the following steps:
• We employ internal access controls to ensure that the only people who see your information are those with a need to do so to perform their official duties;
• We train relevant personnel on our privacy and security measures. Personnel are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations;
• We use technical controls to secure the information we collect online as appropriate, including encryption, firewalls and password protections;
We follow industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, however. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Privacy Protection for Persons under Age 13
If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at the address or email shown below. If we become aware that a person under 13 has provided us with personal information without their parent's or guardian's consent, we take steps to remove that information.
Who can I CONTACT if I have questions or concerns?
1423 Red Ventures Drive
Fort Mill, SC 29707
Effective Date: 6/27/19